SAVE THE DATE!
Location: Kansas City Airport Marriott
Featuring: Jerry Reed, Ph.D., MSW, Director of the Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Catherine Barber, MPA, director of the Means Matter Campaign at the Harvard School of Public Health’s Injury Control Research Center (HICRC)
- John Draper, Ph.D., Project Director of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Richard McKeon, Ph.D., Suicide Prevention Branch, Division of Prevention, Traumatic Stress, and Special Programs, Center for Mental Health Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Dese'Rae Stage, Live Through This
- Caitlin Thompson, Ph.D., VA Deputy Director of Suicide Prevention
- Peter Wyman, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Psychiatry at University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Injury Control Research Center for Suicide Prevention
Midwest Regional Suicide Prevention Conference Sponsored By:
Missouri Department of Mental Health | Missouri Mental Health Foundation | Headquarters, Inc. | Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services | Kansas Department of Health and Environment | Iowa Department of Public Health | Nebraska State Suicide Prevention Coalition | Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services
News & Events
ASIST Training April 22-23, 2015 March 6, 2015
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is for everyone 16 or older—regardless of prior experience—who wants to be able to provide suicide first aid. Shown by major studies to significantly reduce suicidality, the ASIST model teaches effective intervention skills while helping to build suicide prevention networks in the community.
SAMHSA Unveils New Suicide Prevention AppMarch 20, 2015
Facebook Adds New Feature For Suicide PreventionFebruary 26, 2015
Facebook has had a way to report potentially suicidal content since 2011, but this is the first time this support will be built directly into posts. Until now, you had to seek out Facebook's suicide prevention page and upload a screenshot or URL of the post.