SAVE THE DATE!
Location: Kansas City Airport Marriott
Featuring: Jerry Reed, Ph.D., MSW, Director of the Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Catherine Barber, MPA, director of the Means Matter Campaign at the Harvard School of Public Health’s Injury Control Research Center (HICRC)
- John Draper, Ph.D., Project Director of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Richard McKeon, Ph.D., Suicide Prevention Branch, Division of Prevention, Traumatic Stress, and Special Programs, Center for Mental Health Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Dese'Rae Stage, Live Through This
- Caitlin Thompson, Ph.D., VA Deputy Director of Suicide Prevention
- Peter Wyman, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Psychiatry at University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Injury Control Research Center for Suicide Prevention
Midwest Regional Suicide Prevention Conference Sponsored By:
Missouri Department of Mental Health | Missouri Mental Health Foundation | Headquarters, Inc. | Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services | Kansas Department of Health and Environment | Iowa Department of Public Health | Nebraska State Suicide Prevention Coalition | Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services
News & Events
ASIST Training June 11-12, 2015 - Lawrence May 1, 2015
How a visual cliche about mental health can slip throughApril 27, 2015
"A 'headclutcher' is a type of stock picture often – too often, according to campaigning charities – used to illustrate stories about mental ill health. An example in the Guardian accompanied an article on 7 April with the headline “How not to talk to somebody with depression”. The picture, of a young man sitting with his head in his hands, was changed – following complaints below the line – to one of a young woman looking out of a window, which also drew criticism."